Thursday, December 29, 2016

Celebri-Quote: George Strait

Country music superstar George Strait discussed his tequila connections in an interview with The Daily Beast.
Q:  What is your drink of choice these days?

A: Water. I try to drink as much water as I can. And when I run out of water, I drink Codigo Tequila.

Q: You are, of course, part owner of Codigo Tequila. Has the spirit always been a favorite?

A: Eight, nine years ago I started going to Cabo San Lucas, in Baja California, Mexico, and spending more and more time there. Met some great friends there and they introduced me to this tequila that was never sold to the public. I drank a little bit of tequila, but, when I did, it would go into a shot. And I tried to get the taste out of my mouth as fast as I could with some lime and salt. [Codigo] was like a new thing for me. A drink that wasn’t like the typical tequila that I’ve ever tasted. It’s definitely my drink of choice now. That’s for sure.

Q: How do you like your tequila?

A: I’m not a big Margarita guy. They’re a little sweet for my taste. Palomas are great. I sometimes drink those. But my favorite way is just on the rocks straight. And my preference is añejo.

Q: What else do you like to drink?

A:  I like Jack Daniel’s. I like wine.

Q: Do you like alcohol with food?

A: I think that during dinner, wine is great. After dinner, tequila is great. Before dinner, tequila is great.
Go here for my archive of Celebri-Quotes On Drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment