Among the site's offerings:
• Information about the history of distilleries in New York
• How to best savor the various unique flavors of the artisan beverages
• A searchable listing of member distilleries, many of which offer tours and tastings
“We are experiencing a true Renaissance of distilling in New York”,” said Daric Schlesselman of the organization founded in 2013. "We believe this new website will provide a continually growing resource for the distillers, consumers and the spirits industry as a whole.”
New York State distillers produce a diverse variety vodka, gin, rye, whiskey, rum, bitters, vermouth and other liquors. A hallmark of their work is their individuality and insistence on using locally-harvested grains, pears, cherries, honey, maple syrup, a wide range of apple varieties, and other local ingredients.
According to a 2016 study produced by the American Craft Spirits Association in conjunction with The International Wine and Spirits Research (IWSR), the U.S. craft spirits market has grown more than 27% in both volume and sales between 2010 and 2015 to an estimated $2.4 billion in retail sales.
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook
• Go here to visit Notes On Napkins